– adapted from www.homemadeinterest.com
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 3 3/4 cups Origin Whole Milk
- 2 cups Origin heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of flour.
- Whisk in beaten eggs, then add melted butter, continuing to whisk, and then milk.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin tin, filling them almost to the top.
- Bake on center rack for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden & crispy.
- Remove the tarts from muffin tin while hot by running a knife around the sides and carefully lifting them out. Tarts will be crispy on the outside and custard-like on the inside! Recipe makes about 18-20 tarts.
- To make whipped cream as an optional topping, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and attach to stand mixer or use hand mixer. Whip on medium speed for about 5-6 minutes until the cream is thickened. Do not over whip or else it will turn into butter.
- Once tarts have cooled, top with optional whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!